I know we have all been there-why is my site not showing up on Google? It is a very slippery slope, but here are some very basic tips I can share with you, on how to boost your websites SEO, organically.
- Be sure that you have at least one image on your blog-and most importantly, make sure it has an ALT title. This is how Google finds the images, and knows what they are. So when add any image to your site, weather you are a photographer or artist, or floral designer, your images need to have a label, Make it short and sweet-and descriptive of what the image is: i.e. “bride & groom coming down the aisle “.
- H2 tag & H1 tags. These are important. Without them you won’t get a ton of traffic. Use them wisely, and make sure that you are spamming your own website by using a lot of “stop words”. Stop words are words such as AND, IF, YOUR. It is impossible not to use stop words, it would be very hard to read-but proofread, and make sure that you are using short sentences. Google hates run-ons.
- BLOG! Blog at least once a week. If you can do this right off the bat, it will help a ton. Blog and use those images. Google looks for current and updated websites. Some people feel that blogging is too hard, and no one reads them anymore. Not true. People like to see current work, even if it is one or two pictures. A short tip on something you specialize in or feel passionate about.
- How I got to be the number one organically in my field? I worked hard on each blog post. I also decided that I needed to pick my key words wisely. Don’t overdo it or over think it. Use short descriptive sentences.
- Outbound links-If you are writing a blog post, make sure to use at least one outbound link-so if you are writing about food inspiration, you may want to reference a blog such as Food 52, or recipes.com .
When you can follow some of these basics, you must be super patient. It can take a few months to see results.
Did you know that when we design websites for you we also include basic organic SEO? If you are interested in having your website rebuilt, or looking for a new site, be sure to give us a call! We love new clients, artistic types, or anyone who shares a love of clean and modern website design. That’s our jam!